WARM UP OR COOL DOWN WITH...
Climate Ducted Air Conditioning (Heat Pump)
Climate control for your entire home
Ducted air conditioning is the ultimate climate control solution for your whole home or workplace. This system provides heating or cooling throughout multiple rooms with minimal visual impact.
A ducted air conditioning system can be installed in new and existing homes or workplaces. The system is typically installed in the ceiling space or under the floor and is dependent upon the space available. The location of the ducts depends upon the space available.
Ducted systems are highly desirable because bulky and unsightly equipment are concealed from view. In most cases, the only sign of the system is the vents through which the air flows into the room. This is quite a contrast from an obtrusive heat pump mounted on your wall. Bulkheads can be used to conceal some of the ductwork if there is not enough space in the ceiling.
Components of ducted air conditioning (heat pump) systems
A ducted air conditioning system relies on heat pump technology to cool the home. The following components make up the system:
- A compressor, also called a condenser, is located outside the house and is used to power the system and deliver the refrigerant cooling agent to the indoor unit.
- Refrigerant pipes and electrical cabling run between the compressor and the air conditioning unit.
- A central air conditioning unit, also called a fan coil unit, is installed in the house in the ceiling or under the floor.
- A condensate drain runs from the fan coil unit to an external drain.
- Ductwork, hidden in the ceiling or under the floor, carries the cooled (or heated) air to each room.
- One or more vents, or supply-air diffusers, directs the warm or cool air into each room.
- A return air grill and filter are used to return filtered air back to the fan coil unit.
- A wired, wall mounted control panel controls the temperature, mode (heating or cooling), and time settings.
Selecting the right size unit for your home
Ducted air conditioners are available in a range of sizes suitable for small to large homes. It is very important to get the correct air conditioner size. If your unit is too small, it will not be able to meet your cooling and heating needs on the hottest and coolest days. Too large a unit will be unnecessarily costly in terms of upfront and ongoing running costs. During your free consultation, our skilled team will help you select a unit that is optimally sized for your home.
Air conditioners available at Climate
At Climate we only supply and install air conditioners that provide the latest technology and the best servicing back up. For over twenty years we have been installing heat pump air conditioning systems in homes, schools and workplaces, which has provided us with invaluable insight into the best brands on the market today.
Our main brands for domestic and commercial installations are Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric, and Panasonic. From within this range, we will match your needs to the right system and have options for all budgets. We can provide you with a full warranty on any heat pump air conditioner we install and can provide any required service and maintenance.
It’s our job to make sure your air conditioning system is safe to use, works well and provides you with a cost-effective solution.
Ready for a free consultation?
During your consultation, we’ll help you decide what air conditioning system is the best solution for your home or workplace. Call us on 06 769 6410 to make an appointment or use our contact form.
- Efficient temperature control for the entire home
- Improved air quality for asthma and allergy sufferers
- Safe for children
BEST SUITED FOR
- Central cooling and heating
- Commercial and residential settings
PRICING FOR UNIT AND INSTALLATION*
- Smaller home from $12,000
- Average sized 3 bedroom home from $14,000
- Larger house from $16,000
- Simple zoning options additional $500 – $800 per zone